The settings for RADIUS server profiles when operating WLAN networks that use 802.1X as the authentication method can be found under.
Configure the RADIUS server profiles in the RADIUS server table.
- Choose a meaningful name for the RADIUS server profile here. This internal identifier is used to reference the RADIUS server profile from other parts of the configuration.
Select the port (UDP) used to contact the RADIUS server.
Note: This is usually the port 1812 (RADIUS authentication).
- Here you configure the secret used to encrypt the traffic between the device and the RADIUS server. This secret must also be stored on the RADIUS server.
- Server IP address
- Here you configure the host name or IP address where the RADIUS server is to be reached.
- Accounting port
- Select the port (UDP) used to contact the RADIUS accounting server.
Note: This is usually the port 1813 (RADIUS accounting).
- Accounting IP address
- Here you configure the host name or IP address where the RADIUS accounting server is to be reached.
- Backup profile
- Here you configure a backup profile, which will be used if the RADIUS server in the profile configured here cannot be reached.
- A user name can be authenticated with a MAC address instead of using the RADIUS server.